Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 1 - Exhaustion Test

My official starting weight is 184. That may not seem like much to some people, but it is 7 pounds more than I weighed four months ago and 20 pounds more than I weighed a little over a year ago. I am going up fast. I want to start my weight loss now before I reach 210 and my path is more like a mountain than an steep grade.
My friend Doug recommended a book by Steve Speirs called 7 Weeks to 100 Push-ups. Since I am on the road to becoming that hollow-chested guy with a pooch over his belt, this seems like a good place to start. I am cheap by nature, so I am working from his website instead of buying the book.
Speirs says to start with an initial test by seeing how many pushups you can do in one stretch before dropping into a sweaty heap. I made it to 23, which is better than anyone in my family thought I could do. (So there!) According to the chart, for my age range that puts me at level 3 out of 7.
Now I have to wait a couple of days before starting Week 1. It is a three day per week program to help you reach your goal. That will give me a couple of days to research eating regimens.

No comments:

Post a Comment