Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 3

I started off the day with a green smoothie. Leanna and I have one for breakfast 2-3 times a week. It’s not the most low-carb friendly breakfast, but it’s healthy nonetheless. Now I was ready for my pushups!
Speirs’ website recommends exercising three times a week for ten minutes at a time. A workout consists of several pushup reps with a break between each. Today’s reps were 10-12-7-7- max (at least 9) with 60 seconds between. I was still sore from my test two days ago, but I managed to get through with two pushups to spare. Next time the reps and the rests will both be upped.
So does the soreness ever go away? (You can tell I have never done regular exercising!) I guess it’s no pain, no gain. Anyway, I like having a specific goal of reaching 100 pushups. I’m not out to have a ripped body (like that would ever happen), just to tone up what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment