Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 7

And the magic number is…182 pounds. That is 2 pounds down in the first week. I know better than to get excited about this. First, my home scale is the old-fashioned spring-based model, so I am trying to read the little hash marks. Second, I could probably regain the weight by dinner if I tried. But I am moving in the right direction, so all is good.
Here is what I have changed: 1) I cut way back on the Cokes. In the last 7 days I have had four, which is down from a typical 10-14. I am still not drinking enough water, but one thing at a time. 2) I have cleared out my snack drawer. Usually I have something sweet in there to munch on while I work. I may get some pistachios there eventually, but for now it is empty. 3) I focus on proteins over carbs, especially at breakfast. 4) I cut back on my nighttime snacking. Usually I like a bowl of ice cream or a brownie, but I decided I can do without most of that. I often have a few hunger pains when I go to bed, but I can live with that easily enough. 5) I started the 7 Weeks to 100 Pushups plan. Exercising 30 minutes per week won’t drop my weight by itself, but it may reshape what I have and, just possibly, get me motivated to do other things as well.
Speaking of pushups, this was the end of week 1. Today’s reps (with 120 second rest intervals) were 11-15-9-9-max (at least 13); my final rep was actually 17, so I think I did pretty well! Now I take a few days off and start fresh on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment