Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 6 - Cheesecake and the Rapture

Have you heard that the world is ending on Saturday? According to the people who run FamilyRadio.com, the Lord will come back to rapture all Christians on May 21 at 6:00 pm local time, advancing around the globe hour by hour. Stringing together a bunch of scriptures and some bad mathematics, they are not the first to predict the second coming, nor will they be the last.
I’m really not interested in the theology, not today anyway. What interests me is the irony of the Lord coming so soon after my starting a weight loss program. If this week was my last on earth, would I want to depart doing what I can to lose weight, or would I want to go out with cheesecake? Improving myself is good (even going into eternity), but I do love cheesecake. Tough call.
Anyway, tomorrow is weigh-in day. I have not been working strenuously at this, so I don’t expect much loss yet, if any. But I feel that I am on the start of something good. Tomorrow I’ll write about what I have been doing.

2 comments:

  1. "I'm really not interested in theology." Good choice of words Dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said, "...not today"! You know I will talk theology anytime. But sometimes cheesecake is more important.

    ReplyDelete