Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 15 – Exhaustion Test #2

My pushup program says that at the end of two weeks I am supposed to take an exhaustion test. When I started I was able to do 23. Now, two weeks later…36! That is still a long way from 100 by week 7, but I am definitely going in the right direction.
I may have sweat off a few ounces helping my brother-in-law Joe lay bricks in the 90 degree heat. I know a lot more about mixing mortar and laying a straight line than I did yesterday. Anyway, the wall is looking good and our neighbor is very happy.
Our big event today was going to the Museum of Biblical History in nearby Collierville. They are about to open a great exhibit on the St. John’s Bible, the first commissioned hand-scripted and illuminated Bible in hundreds of years. We got a sneak peek, and the prints we saw were outstanding! If you are unaware of the project, see their website; your time will be richly rewarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment