Sunday, May 15, 2011

T - 1 Day

May 13. Happy birthday to me. Today I am 47 years old. Middle age by any standard. Now, I really don’t mind the age a bit. It is the other thing I am not happy with: my weight.
Don’t get me wrong. “The Biggest Loser” is not about to call me. But at 180 pounds plus, I am heavier than I have ever been in my life. My doctor says I am at the high end of acceptable for my height, but I can tell a difference from where I have been. My shirts are tight, my pants are tight, and my face has subtly changed shape. I want to lose weight.
So what am I going to do? I am not 100% sure. I have some general ideas, but as I figure that out I will write about it here. So tomorrow I will begin to change my eating and exercise habits. I can hear some people saying, “Why not today? When better to begin a change of life than on your birthday?” First, because I like cheesecake on my birthday. And second, because I have always lived by the motto, “Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life”.
Kind of a shaky start, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment