Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 2 - Losing Weight

I don’t like the word “diet”. I know that it is a legitimate word, but for me it carries the connotation of a fad that doesn’t do much. So I am going with “eating plan” or “eating regimen”. I want to start an everyday way of eating that I can stick with for a long time.
What kind of eating plan is right for me? Well, I know this about me: I am lazy. So unless it is pretty simple I won’t stick with it. That means hardcore calorie counting is out. I am leaning toward a high protein/low carbohydrate plan, sort of neo-Atkins. I admit that part of this is because I like meat. But part of it is because I eat way too many carbs. But I need to do some reading. Maybe Gary Taube’s book Why We Get Fat and What to Do About It is a place to start.
What I know for sure is that two days into my new way of living we had a church potluck. Not a great place for healthy eating unless banana pudding is a part of my eating regimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment