Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 17 – The Wall

What do Pink Floyd and Robert Frost have in common? A wall, of course. Although the wall we finished today was outwardly more like “another brick in the”, functionally it was more like “good fences make good neighbors”. And trust me, with three English majors in the family, we had some Frost discussions over these past few days.
For a 55 year-old wall it was really not in bad shape. It partly fallen down in a few places, but it needed repair, not replacing. Some things just need fixing, not tearing down. Which is sort of how I feel about myself. This focus on weight and exercise and journaling is about fixing up, not tearing down. After years of neglecting a wall or two, I am trying to set them right again.
And how am I succeeding? Well, this morning my pushup reps were 14-18-14-14-20; that is 80 if you are counting. Tonight I get some rest so tomorrow I can work on my walls again.

No comments:

Post a Comment