Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 9

I now understand comfort food so much better than I have before. This weekend has brought with it some stress related issues, and for some reason I didn’t care about drinking Cokes and eating ice cream. Who could have guessed? I have always talked about comfort food in the abstract, always knowing that I had them but never really thinking about what they were. Coke and ice cream. I’ll bet if I had had any chocolate in the house that would be gone by now, too.
So how much does one eating binge hurt a weight loss program? I can’t tell you yet. You see, my wife’s curling iron fell onto my scale in just the wrong place and popped the spring. Now the scale is stuck on 170. I guess I could stand on the scale and pretend that I have gotten down that far, but I will probably just have to go get another scale.
Tomorrow starts week 2 of pushups, so I had better get some rest. Maybe after a bowl of ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment